Friday, February 04, 2005

I used to live alone before I knew you...

I briefly contemplated justifying why it's been so long since I last updated, but there's no legitimate reason, so I'm not even going to bother.

I'm going to minor in Theater, but even I could not have expected so much drama in my life right now. And this is a relatively low point. It's been worse. As recently as three weeks ago, the amount of drama on my floor was suffocating. A brief rundown:

In early January, I found out (through a third-party) that one of the people I was planning on rooming with had also agreed to another group. After an at-times-confrontational email correspondence, he's not going to be living with us next year. I've come to accept it, I guess. Since that brief encounter, we've been better friends, so it seems to all be working out for the best. But for that three-day period, it seemed like everything was crashing down around me. Think Atlas dropping the Earth.

Around that time, other people on the floor began to take issue with the amount of drinking that took place. Not I, actually. A bunch of small incidents caused widespread turmoil among the floor. There were a couple of days in which not a single person on our floor was free of drama. Everybody. I've been pretty good at avoiding it until now, but this time I got involved.

Yesterday, nearly all of us received mail saying that we were identified in pictures in which we were present during parties. Parties where there was alcohol. Most of Darkside got one, actually. It's pretty ridiculous. Supposedly our RA got an email anonymously, linking him to a site where my roommate had pictures of people drinking. I'm in three of them, not drinking but just hanging around. And I'm including the one where I can tell it's me, but the RDs probably wouldn't be able to identify me.

So next Thursday, we all have to have a meeting with the ARD and RD to 'discuss' this. I've quite honestly decided that there are two people on the floor that I will defend. Yes, they have irrefutable proof, but if anyone's credibility comes under attack, there are only two people, besides myself, that I will defend. This came on the heels of finding out that one of the more influential people on the floor would defend only one person, annoying me to an extent. So, if they want to play 'Survivor: The Dorm Edition', so be it. Look out for number one.

This could be very problematic for a few people who are already on probation. No fewer than four people could get more serious consequences as a result of this thing.

There have been a few circle-discussions about who the anonymous email may have come from. The two more common theories were that it was our new suitemate or his girlfriend, neither of whom get along with the remainder of our floor. She seems to hold some animosity towards us. I raised the idea that it might have been a disgruntled former suitemate of Tom and I. This was met well, as it would have explained the nature of the email, having only one of two damning links. The other link, if it was the person I proposed, would have screwed the link-sender. Conspiracy theory, yes. But logical, yes.

Spring Break. It took a ridiculous amount of time, effort, and discussion, but plans are finally solidified. Three of us are flying to Orlando from Hartford, where we will rent a car (took a whole lot of stuff to get that) and drive to Fort Myers for the Northeastern-Red Sox game. This, among other things, of course. Universal Studios is the only other planned thing. The rest of the time, we'll just see what happens. Play it by ear.

My church situation remains unresolved, naturally. I have kept my promise to not attend St. Cecilia until St. Jeremiah is settled. St. Jeremiah, probably after I last posted on this, got a six-month reprieve until the middle of May. Those in the know are expecting Fr. Ron to close the church on Easter, March 27th. This means our vigil, which I'm still convinced will happen, must start earlier than I'd like.

I'll put my thoughts about the Pope's health in here soon. But not now.

I'm also going to create a second journal on this site to track baseball on. I'll start linking to stuff soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home