Wednesday, March 23, 2005

There was a time, you'd let me know...

And thus begins the most sacred week in the Catholic Calendar, Holy Week. The next few days are referred to as the Triduum. As I alluded to in an earlier entry, it could also be a very trying period of time.

Tomorrow is Holy Thursday. The day of the Last Supper. My plans are simple - eat well at night and go to Mass at St. Clement's, maybe stay afterward for a brief period of Adoration. (I have no plans.)

Friday will be a bit more interesting. I'm not going to skip my Friday morning class, so I'll be awake for most of the day. I found out that the Sacred Space, the small, non-denominational spiritual area here, is having a Good Friday service at noon. The leaders of that service will be Fr. Unni and Ms. Hwang, the Catholic chaplain and Newman Club head, respectively. I'm considering attending. I don't feel as if I'm betraying my own promise not to attend St. Cecilia's, if I were to do so. It's an interesting scenario. There's that, or there's a Stations of the Cross service at St. Clement's. I'm not sure if I will do either, if any, yet.

And then I go home at 1:30ish, to participate in the Good Friday service at home, St. J's. I'll be the voice of God for a procession during which sacred symbols are brought forward. That job was most recently held by our since-departed choir director, so I've got big shoes to fill.

Holy Saturday, AKA Easter Vigil, is a marathon mass. But I'm not doing it this year. They're holding that Mass at St. George, and I won't do that. I'm taking a similar attitude toward St. George that I am toward St. Cecilia. Won't go there. Only difference being, I won't go there even when St. J's is resolved.

And then Easter Sunday at St. Jeremiah. And like I said, if they give me a reason to walk out, I won't be stopped by the type of chair I sit in this time. And I probably won't do it as subtly as I did back a few months ago, when I got Communion and left.

I don't really have that much to say tonight, I just wanted to keep my streak going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home