Saturday, July 16, 2005

New Column and Some Other Notes

I imagine I'll get better at updating this again when I'm back at school and I have some semblance of a routine.

Sell: The Personal Demise of Chuck E. Cheese

Ran last week. I may have one in next week centering around the Harry Potter book release, which I attended (to my later chagrin).

Picked up a couple of CDs yesterday - Ralphie May "Just Correct" and Mozart's Requiem. The Ralphie May one was a little disappointing, as a lot of the jokes seemed cookie-cutter, but if I pick and choose which bits I keep on my computer, some of it may make the rounds in the same method the Dane Cook bits did last year. I'm listening to the Requiem now - I've for no apparent reason gotten into classical music recently. Whatever.

The money has FINALLY started coming in, after eons of waiting. Two nice, large checks from the Town's Soccer Club, for the Memorial Day Tournament, and from the State League, for the regular season. A nice check from the newspaper for which I continue to write a column (going on two years now - my portfolio will be quite nice by co-op time). And as soon as I bother to put together a timesheet, a nice check for the data entry work I did over the summer. However, that's it. I didn't pick up a real job for the summer, thinking I'd be occupied with the typing. Such has not been the case. Alas, I may get two more columns beyond my Harry Potter one, which would be another nice check, but outside of that, no income for the rest of the summer. I'll have to be as miserly with my money as I was when the bank account was empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home